Nurse Aide Training
Nurse Aides are in high demand. They are the front line to patient care. This 120-hour training program prepares students to perform patient/resident care under the supervision of a licensed nurse. The course includes 48 hours of classroom theory, 28 hours of lab/skill and 44 hours of clinical experience at a local, long-term care facility. After completion, adult learners will have the opportunity to take the nurse aide certification exam to earn their CNA.
- Physical and mental stamina with a commitment to an intense training program.
- No pre-planned commitments. 100% attendance required.
- The ability to speak, write and understand English fluently. This course and all exams are in English.
- High School diploma or GED highly recommended but not required.
- Rapid assessment, intellectual and cognitive abilities, behavioral, social and ethical standards
- Completion of all Admission Criteria at least two weeks prior to the start of class.
- Pre-Admission Interview (Stephanie Hanford, 717-652-3170 ext. 7437)
- Physical Examination
- 2-Step Mantoux (PPD)
- PA State Police Criminal History check (FBI check if PA residency is less than two years)
- PA Department of Education Verification of Pennsylvania Residency and Attestation of Compliance with Act 14.
- Application fee (non-refundable)* $50
- Criminal History Report & FBI Report $47 (not included in DCTS fee)
- Textbook, Workbook, Handouts & Materials* $200
- Uniforms (estimate, supply your own scrubs, shoes, watch with second hand) $60 (not included in DCTS fee)
- Physical Examination/Immunizations (Current 2-step PPD) $100 (not included in DCTS fee)
- Tuition* $950
*$1,200 Paid to DCTS Adult & Continuing Education. We accept cash, check, PayPal, Visa & MC. Other costs are paid directly by the participant. $100 discount if paid in full at time of application.
Deadline for all paperwork and required forms is two weeks prior to the first day of class. No refunds will be granted after class has begun.
|January 14, 2021 – March 24, 2021||Mon, Tues, Wed, Thursday||5:30 PM – 9:45 PM|
|March 4, 2021 – May 18, 2021||Mon, Tues, Wed, Thursday||5:30 PM – 9:45 PM|
Daytime Classes TBD – Call for more information
Adult learners must be able to speak, read, write and understand the English language.