This plan will be used in an emergency where the school building must be evacuated as deemed necessary by school personnel and/or law enforcement officials.
Several locations have been identified as potential sites for parent and student re-unification. Based on the event that is occurring, school officials in coordination with responding agencies, will determine the best site for re-unification. The specific site information, including directions, will be made available as soon as possible.
If it becomes necessary to activate our parent re-unification plan, parents will be contacted, if possible, through the use of our school-reach program and/or through a statement released to the media.
In the event of an emergency, parents and guardians are encouraged NOT to respond during a crisis. This will allow our school to appropriately assess the crisis or emergency and activate our plan.
In the event of an emergency and when the re-unification time is appropriate, parents are asked to do the following:
- Cooperate with first responders and school officials.
- Wait for notification of how and when to respond.
- Follow the directions of traffic control.
- Please be patient, we need to ensure the safety of all students.
- Students will not be released until cleared by Incident Command.
- Parents must provide a photo ID.
- During an emergency, no phone calls will be permitted.
- A student will only be released to a parent/guardian or to the emergency contact person listed in the student information system and/or the emergency card. No other person may pick up a student.
- All parents, guardians, and authorized persons will be asked to sign the student out with date, time, name, grade, etc.
The Process of Re-Unification will be:
- Staff will be posted to assist at the doors.
- Parents will enter and arrive at tables through the main entrance of the church. Tables will be set up by grade of students.
- Parents/guardians and authorized emergency contacts will need to show proper ID, be verified in our student information system and/or emergency information card, and sign the student out.
- Staff will radio for the student. Staff will direct student and parent/guardian to the exit.
Students not picked up after all parental/guardian and emergency calls have been made will be referred to the Lower Paxton Township Police.